In celebration of International Education Week, Nov. 14 to 18, Drexel University’s School of Education is partnering with the Office of International Programs to provide various events in conjunction with other Drexel departments, including Student Life and the Dornsife School of Public Health. Drexel students, faculty and staff can join institutions across the country in showcasing the university’s global education work that impacts U.S. diplomacy abroad.
Drexel’s programming for International Education Week will focus on public health research, improving population health and eliminating health disparities. It will also include the impending future for Israeli-Palestinian peace-building efforts in the volatile Middle East and the politics of gender and development in Vietnam, among other scholarly research presentation topics.
“International Education Week is a great opportunity for all Drexel students, faculty and staff to learn about issues in education all over the world, as well as learn more about opportunities Drexel offers in international education,” said Kristy Kelly, PhD, assistant clinical professor in the School of Education, who will be speaking at a Lunch & Lecture event on Wednesday, Nov. 16. “Whether it’s a panel discussion or a pizza party with international students, the week offers a wide range of diverse programming. There’s something for everyone.”
Below is a rundown of upcoming events. Full program descriptions can be found here.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 | 12:15 p.m. – Dornsife School of Public Health Population Health Spotlight with Dr. Sonia Sachs| Ruth Auditorium, Nesbitt Hall 3215 Market St.
- Friday, Nov. 11 | 12-1 p.m. – Cultural Connection Hour| Kelly Hall Lounge
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 | 7:30-9:30 p.m. – Civil Society Engagement Between Israelis and Palestinians: Is There a Future? | Stein Auditorium, Nesbitt Hall 3215 Market St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 | 12-1:30 p.m. – Lunch & Lecture with Drs. Clothey & Kelly| Pearlstein Business Learning Center, Room 3230 Market St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Science Leadership Academy Youth Scholars Research Symposium | Dornsife Center for Neighborhood Partnerships Ryan Hall Room S209, 3509 Spring Garden St.
- Monday, Nov. 21 | 12-1 p.m. – State of Global Drexel: A Conversation About Enhancing Drexel’s Global Impact | Gerri C. LeBow Hall Room 220, 3220 Market St.
You can learn more about the State Department’s official International Education Week goals here.